Tuesday 1 March 2016

1st March 2016

Hello all,

I've not been blogging of late as I've been having a bit of a meltdown! I'm a bit better now though and  feeling more positive.

Together with my neuro-oncologist, I decided to give radiotherapy another go. This is deeply unpleasant and claustrophobic but somehow, I must dig deep and find something within me to make me get on the table every day for 6 weeks. I'll be admitted to the hospital this time because I was so sick with it last time. Hopefully they can manage side effects better this time and I might be able to get home.

Anyway, this post was about showing the practicalities of radiotherapy. This YouTube video is similar to how I receive the treatment however, I am lying on my front, with the masked strapped over the back of my head because I'm having craniospinal radiation - which is radiation to the full brain and spine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2qOr1qjJQ

My radiotherapy planning begins next week so I'll have to power on through somehow, to get through the claustrophobia!

No comments:

Post a Comment