Wednesday 16 September 2015

16th September 2015

It's trivial but I didn't realise just how attached I am to my hair. And I'm jolly annoyed that I now have a ball-head! 

I have a wig but it makes me look like I've just stepped out of an 80's rock band. And I have 4 very nice 'cancer hats' but due to my puffy, moon-face they don't look particularly attractive.

I gave up dignity many weeks ago; I gave up my job ; I gave up being able to walk normally. I wish I could retain just one little part of me and I wish for that to be my hair! That way, at least a little bit of me would still look like 'me' ..whatever or whomever that is.

The dizziness had returned, with a vengeance. It feels as though I'm on a boat or floating in water and occasionally, as though I am spinning. Yesterday, I had to grab the sofa (whilst sitting), to steady myself mid-conversation! The clumsiness too, has returned; veering off to one side and banging in to things and people (much to a random lady's dismay, in Morrison's, yesterday). These things seem to have gotten worse, quite quickly, which is odd. Today, my neuro-oncologist is sending me to see Mr I - my neuro-surgeon - to check things out before my radiotherapy. I'm not sure what to expect from this appointment and I'm worried he'll be fed up of seeing me by now!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you every day and missing your company and chat. Been super busy but hopefully things will calm down after tomorrow *gulp*. :) Stay strong and positive, my friend, better days follow the worse ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you every day and missing your company and chat. Been super busy but hopefully things will calm down after tomorrow *gulp*. :) Stay strong and positive, my friend, better days follow the worse ones. xx

    ReplyDelete