Saturday 14 January 2017

'Failing' the Battle?



When I first saw this on my feed, I initially felt the need to defend myself and thought it was a bit out of context to what I originally wrote but after thinking about it, it's not out of context at all. I couldn't cope with my treatment any more and that's the truth. I find the problem with the battle-cancer analogy is that it leaves those of us that didn't complete prescribed treatment, for whatever reason - taking on the perceived 'battle' - feeling like we failed, let our loved ones down, weren't strong enough and so on. In reality, we did our best, with what we had at the time. The treatment is sometimes devastating and for me, it is sad to bear the consequences of not having that treatment but I could do no more and that is the raw, and perhaps harsh truth of it. No one should cause you to feel guilty for doing what you could and being honest about that. @trekstock #trekstocknetwork#MelvinandMe #cancerrightnow #braintumourwarriors

No comments:

Post a Comment