Friday 21 August 2015

JustGiving for Maggie's Centres

So, I'm going to be bald!

The radiotherapy will cause me to lose my hair pretty soon after it begins. I've been advised to shave my head in advance, for reasons of comfort and to prevent it from going clumpy or growing back in patchy (unsure of the science behind that one).

Anyway, I thought I'd make a fundraising effort out of it and allow my brother (who is very keen) to shave it off in some entertaining way.

I set up a JustGiving page, with a target of £50 and in less than 2 hours that target has been smashed 340%!!  Your generosity is astounding!

Maggie's Centres are havens of calm and support, attached to or on the site of NHS hospitals. Our local Maggie's is beautiful, in it's architecture, atmosphere and location. It was nice to be able to go in and have a cup of tea in the calm, before my appointment with the neuro-oncologist the other day.

They've got a wealth of information and resources available and it was great to be able to speak to a staff member who had been a radiography nurse in the past.

Anyway, Maggie's centres are absolutely vital services so your donations have gone to a very worthwhile cause! I honestly didn't expect this level of donations! Thank you all, no matter the size of your donation.

I'll be holding a Neal's Yard Facebook Party on the 5th of September, which you can join in from the comfort of your own home. RSVP on Facebook and send me your address so I can send you a goodie bag of samples. 10% of the sales from the evening will be going to Maggie's Centres via my JustGiving page.

JustGiving Page

Neal's Yard Facebook Party

No comments:

Post a Comment